This outline of tour conditions represents part of the terms of transaction
stipulated in Article 12-4 of the Travel Agency Law, and the contract specifying
services rendered for travel and other matters as stated in Article 12-5 of the
- The term "Agent-Organized Tours" shall apply to all travel services supplied
jointly and severally to the customer by JHN Travel Ltd. Including, but not
- Transport including Ski Lift Passes
- Entry Tickets to Attractions
- Rental Items including Automobile, Ski, Snowboards
- Educational Events including cultural lessons, ski lessons
- The term "tour package fee" shall apply to all fees and costs paid by the
customer to JHN Travel Ltd. for Agent-Organized Tours.
- The term "start of tour" shall mean the date in which the first travel service
listed in the customers confirmation commences.
- For accommodation only travel services, this shall mean the date of check in.
- For transport only travel services, this shall mean the date of first use of
the transport service.
- For multiple item travel services, this shall mean the date the first service
listed on the confirmation is to be utilized.
- Contract for Agent-Organized Tours
- This contract applies to all travel services, accommodation, tours and packages
provided by JHN Travel Ltd.
- Details of company organizing tours and packages:
JHN Travel Limited (hereinafter referred to as "JHN")
Address: Hokujo 2587-1 , Hakuba Mura, Kita Azumi Gun,
Japan License Number Nagano 2-476
Bonded Full Member of the All Nippon Travel Agents Association.
- JHN shall provide travel arrangements and itinerary management for the customer
- Application for Agent Organized Tours
- Where availability of accommodation is displayed on this website
- A customer can apply in real time for accommodation. The customer can then
secure the accommodation by payment of accommodation charge.
- Where availability of accommodation is not displayed on the website
(Accommodation is "on request").
- A customer submits an application for accommodation.
- If the accommodation is secured as per the customer's request, the accommodation
fee is charged to the customer's credit card.
- If the accommodation is not secured the customer is sent an email informing them
of this and no charge is made to the credit card.
- Upon payment of accommodation charge the contract shall be deemed to come into
effect and all conditions of this contract shall be deemed to be understood by
- For services other than accommodation, this contract shall be deemed to come
into effect on the receipt by JHN of payment of relevant fees from the customer.
- Where the customer is more than one person, the contract is deemed to be
completed with the representative of the customer group.
- In the event of cancellation of reservation, the charges and fares will be
refunded to the customer less the cancellation fees listed below, and in cases
where the refund is made by bank transfer, all bank fees will be deducted from
- In general, payments are to be made by credit card. For those unable to pay by
Visa or MasterCard, please contact JHN for a quote.
- Rates displayed on the website are valid for credit card payments by Visa and
MasterCard. For other payment methods a surcharge may be required.
- Due to Japanese banking procedures, the transaction may not appear on the
customer's credit card statement for some time after the transaction is
processed. For VISA and MasterCard payments this can be up to 3 weeks.
- All payments are made in Japanese Yen.
- JHN accepts no responsibility for changes in foreign exchange rates due to
delays in processing transactions by VISA or MasterCard.
- Special Conditions
- All customers under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Customers with special needs shall inform JHN of these needs when making an
application. JHN will attempt to comply with these requests when feasible and
- JHN may refuse customer participation in the event JHN deems the guest is likely
to interfere with the smooth operation of tours.
- If in the course of the package, the customer needs medical attention, or other
assistance, all costs incurred are to be met by the customer.
- Included in the package / tour fare
- Transport services as outlined in the tour itinerary. Baggage to be limited to
one piece of luggage 50 cm * 60cm * 120cm, plus 1 small carry on item.
- Accommodation services as outlined in the tour itinerary.
- Meals as outlined in the tour itinerary.
- Entrance fees, lift tickets etc as outlined in the itinerary.
- Other services as outlined in the itinerary.
- In the event the customer decides not to use part of the services provided, the
customer shall not receive any refund for unused services.
- All taxes and service charges are included
- Not included in the package tour fare
- Charges in excess of standard accommodation fares such as laundry, telephone
calls, additional meals & drinks, and other personal expenditures.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Medical expenditures for injury or illness.
- Cancellation of package tour by JHN due to extraordinary circumstances.
- JHN may cancel the package tour at any time when the following circumstances
prevent the smooth operation of a tour:
- Natural Disasters
- Civil unrest or War
- Weather conditions
- Government orders
- Other circumstances beyond JHN's control.
- In the event of such a cancellation, JHN shall refund to the customer all fares
paid by the customer to JHN.
- In the event a tour is cancelled after the commencement of the tour, then JHN
shall refund a portion of the tour fare depending on the amount of service
- Cancellation of tour package by customer
- The customer shall be able to cancel the contract by paying JHN the following
- Cancellation more than 15 days before start of tour - 10% of tour package fee
- Cancellation more than 7 days but less than 14 days before start of tour - 25%
of tour package fee
- Cancellation more than 3 days but less than 6 days before start of tour - 50% of
tour package fee
- Cancellation 2 day or less before start of tour - 100% of tour package fee.
- All costs incurred in the refund of tour package fees shall be met by the
- All other refunds are solely at the discretion of JHN and will only be
considered on the submission of verifiable documentation from the customer. If
the cause of the cancellation can reasonably be expected to be covered by the
customers travel insurance policy, then no refund will be made.
- JHN warrants that all services provided comply with the relevant laws of Japan.
- JHN warrants that it has verified the operating licenses of all services
provided by its suppliers.
- JHN accepts no liability for customer claims for actions and events outside its
control. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Missed Connections due to flight or other transport delays
- Vehicle malfunction by suppliers vehicles
- Injury or Death at accommodation properties
- Injury or Death at Tourist Attractions
- Injury or Death in Transport Accidents
- Injury or Death due to Natural Disasters
- JHN accepts full liability for errors and omissions by its management and staff.
- If any issue error or omission cannot be resolved in a prompt manner and to the
same standards as the original request from the customer, JHN will compensate
the customer in accordance with accepted industry standards.
- Changes to Contract
- If deemed necessary, JHN reserves the right to alter or amend these terms and
- These terms and conditions, and travel contract details are concluded under the
laws of Japan.
- All claims that cannot be resolved by mediation shall be referred to the Nagano
District Court Matsumoto Branch.
- All items not covered by these terms and conditions shall be deemed to be
covered by the General Travel Agents Terms and Conditions.